Friday, September 5, 2014

THE ITCH: KARL'S RESPONSE

Those of you who follow this blog know that several weeks ago I told my husband Karl of my desire to once again train a novice sub.  You can read about this in my previous blog entry for more details, but essentially I gave him the task of coming up with a plan whereby I could scratch my itch.  By putting him in this position, I'd hoped he'd arrive at a solution that satisfied both of us, something that had eluded me for weeks despite input from my friends and readers.  Karl did as he was told, wrote a lengthy "composition" and presented it to me a week after I'd assigned him the task.  I didn't discuss his writing with him immediately, telling him that we would talk about what he had written when I' d had the time to read and digest it myself.

His composition was quite lengthy and very personal.  Rather than publish it here verbatim, I'll summarize what he said and quote some of the more salient sections of his paper.  He began by stating that my explanation of what I wanted shocked him, and he went through a range of emotions when he started his essay.  Anger, fear, rejection and dismay were his immediate reactions, and he started many drafts of his response in a heated mindset that he later brought under control.  "I'm glad that you gave me a week to write this," he said, "because I threw away most of my first efforts when I calmed down enough to get my head on straight."

As the week progressed, he thought a lot more about what I was seeking, and why.  "I realized that there was no way for us together to replay those early days of my training.  I too was tremendously excited and turned on by the whole process back then, and I can't blame you for wanting to feel that again, especially considering the years before you met me when training new subs was a regular thing for you, and clearly something you loved.  I know you gave that all up for me when we knew for sure that we were in love and wanted to get married and spend our life together.  The fact that you consider me your "masterpiece", that you have no wish to break up our marriage, that you still love me, and - very important - have no wish to have sexual relations with someone else is very, very gratifying and important to me."

So far, so good, I was thinking, but Karl was nowhere near finished.   "However," he continued, "the whole question of fidelity comes into play.  I know you said that you had no intention of going back on our vow of monogamy, but what about sexual fidelity?  I know that you get turned on by all the things you do to a sub when you're training him.  You've told me that you even consider your feet an erogenous zone, and it physically turns you on to have them worshipped.  I'm not complaining about that, of course, since I love to worship your feet, but you just can't say that there won't be any sex involved even if there's no intercourse.  Everything you'd be doing to the sub would result in a sexual feeling for you, which I recognize, but I can't say it's a good feeling to have you experiencing that with someone else.  When you were training me, there were times when I was allowed to kiss your breasts, or your pussy, or your ass.  Is that going to go on with this new sub?  Is that always a part of your training regimen?"

Ouch.  Karl was raising some strong points here, and I must admit that I wasn't exactly in a comfort zone as I digested his words.  He was right, of course.  There was no point in denying that I'd be sexually involved even if intercourse were not part of the equation.  Could I really ask him to accept that?  Karl had always satisfied me sexually, and still did, so what would it do to his ego to think that it evidently wasn't enough, that I wanted more from a different sub?  Did I?  Did I want more?  Was that what this itch was all about? 

I thought long and hard about this while Karl was waiting many days for my response, and I came to what I feel is an honest conclusion on this matter.  The answer is no, my itch is not at all about more sex.  I can get all the sex I want, any time I want, from Karl.  It's about the training, and though there is an unavoidable sexual element, it's not really the point.  The point is the whole process of taking a novice and introducing him to his own inner self.  Making his fantasy a reality instead of just a masturbatory dream.  Watching him learn what's expected of a sub, what his life could and should be like if he's to be true to himself.  Except for Karl, and this is important, the sexual aspects of training are secondary for me.  Karl was the exception, and such an exception that we wound up married and living out our lives together.  He was still being trained, and always would be, but I wanted that experience of training a new sub again, and that was simply impossible to do with Karl.

I had put down his composition at this point to ponder what I'd already read, and it was a few days before I picked it up again.  A surprise was waiting for me in those pages that I never anticipated.  I'm going to stop here for now, but I promise I'll be back soon.

18 comments:

  1. i suspect that his biggest fear is going to be feeling to neglected. For myself as a life long sub hub that is always my biggest fear. Rejection, and then abandonment, used up and forgotten. If on the other hand, it was not that way i'd be eager to go along with it 100%. I am so looking forward to reading the rest of this story.I sometimes wonder if the Women such as your self Lady Gray truely understand what it is that makes a male give up everthing to be in this lifestyle, it really is a big step for us who are true subbies and not just wankers. I respect you and your thoughts and i relate with Karl. i will be watching this post with great interest,, billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're trying to control your readers now by not telling the rest of the story :-). I think it's in your blood to make your readers (and your submissives) live in the unknown. I think you want your us to beg for more and in the process, remind you of the power you wield! Ok, I'm begging'. Please reveal your final thoughts! :)

    I look forward to reading more as you've PIQUED my interest :) Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second "I´m hers", I am begging you too.
    Pretty please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. billy - I don't intend to reject or abondon Karl, and I'm certain that he knows that. As to whether I understand what makes a male seek a submissive lifestyle, I'm sure that each male has his own reasons, but having dealt with a great many male subs over the years I do feel that it's not something they can help wanting. Whether they act on that need or desire is not a certainty, but those that do take that step are the truly committed ones, and I certainly respect that. I see it as a sign of strength in a man, not weakness, that he is able to be true to his inner self, and the same is true of a Dominant woman who acts upon the realization that she is indeed Dominant.

    I'm-Hers - I do enjoy it when your interest is piqued! As to me trying to control someone or to make them beg, what could give you such an idea? I can only hope you were on your knees when you wrote this comment:)

    lawyer - Patience is a virtue, and begging with a "pretty please" is always a plus. As with I'm-Hers, I do hope you have a nice pillow under those knees. As I wrote, I'll be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspect that in the second post on this it will be reveled that as your submissive Karl has acquiesced, making my post moot. Regardless, I am choosing to continue. You made a promise to Karl of sexual fidelity and monogamy. He made the same vow to you. I suspect you did not say:" but if sexual arousal is secondary I can break it" Does Karl get the same freedom to seek his training, in order to expand his true self, without your involvement? I'm sure sexual arousal would be just secondary to him also. He just wants to help the other dominant discover her true self. The very nature of a vow is that at some point it will call for self- sacrifice and denial. No where is it written that vows and promises would be easy. That's what makes them so beautiful and so important. In their difficulty lies their sanctity. No clever semantics or mental gymnastics will change it. You made a vow to Karl, your husband and submissive. As his wife and Mistress you are now being asked to keep it. Respectfully, Stan

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Lady,

    I'm afraid you're at two fingers of losing your husband. His reactions shows that he has been deeply hurt and, whatever will happen in the future, ressentment, for what will be considered as a betrayal - has he not offered you his freeedom, his dignity, his honor by totally submitting to you in the way you know? - will stay like a hard stone in his shoe.
    So you lost interest in him.. you need new spice and, maybe, you will get back to him, as to a spare wheel.
    Maybe..

    His first reaction was that of the man.
    I suppose that the second part will be the answer of the slave he has had to become to accept and encourage your decision.

    Well.. that's the risk a man takes by accepting this particular position: to be put on the shelf, maybe even sacked

    I hope my "comment" will not be regarded as preposterous or rude.
    I just know you are sincere with yourself.

    Sincerely and respectfully yours,

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. If, as you say, Lady Grey, that it isn't about the sex, it's about the training, then let's turn to the 'trainee' for a moment. Training a submissive or potential slave usually involves some sort of 'sex play' as karl has pointed out. Do you think it might be difficult to find an acceptable trainee who will agree to being trained with these limitations in place? Perhaps objects, such as your shoes, worn underwear, stockings/hose could be acceptable substitutes? But these are personal to you, and perhaps to karl as well?
    Submitted with respect, tony

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stan - It's clear that you are taking me to task here, and I assume that you're being sarcastic when you say "I'm sure sexual arousal would be just secondary to him also. He just wants to help the other dominant discover her true self". Or am I mistaken?

    Well, I do appreciate your comment, but I have a 7 year history with Karl, and I think perhaps he has a clearer view of my motivations than you would. I'd advise you to wait for the next blog entry before you seal your opinion in stone.

    Alex - Well, well, once again I'm being taken to task. I can assure you that Karl isn't in danger of being put on a shelf or sacked. As to whether he'll be resentful in the future and permanently damaged, well time will tell. I truly doubt it, though, as we often bounce ideas and possibilities off of each other, and it's clearly understood by both of us that what is said at such times is not to be regarded as the final word. That's the nature of a dialogue, even if it's done in a different manner than most vanillas would do it (i.e. a composition, etc). This may seem as though it's a more extreme example of bandying ideas about, but it's not unprecedented, and we've always given freely of our thoughts concerning our relationship without letting grudges or hurts intrude. We'll see what happens in this case.

    tony - In the past, I've trained several subs who were assured by me at the outset that there would be no "skin to skin" physical aspect to the training. Contrary to what you might expect, this has not only NOT dissuaded the trainee, it's been welcomed by all I've approached in this way, and represents a not particularly unusual method of Dominance, as I'm sure many professional Dominatrixes would attest. No, this would be the least of my concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for responding to my post. it is appreciated. To clarify my position. Your motivation for seeking a new slave to train is secondary. Certainly, Karl would have a clearer picture of the why. I am not troubled by why you want to do it, the motivation. My concern is the vow, the promise that was made and the attempt, now, to alter it because of an "itch". Too often in today's world a vow is taken much lightly. We have become a culture that is adapt at finding convenient ways of breaking or "adjusting" promises when they become inconvenient, unsatisfying, or irritating. Trust is important in every relationship regardless of its dynamic. We trust that the other means what they promise. We trust that they will do as they vow. We trust that they will not yield when a promise asks them to sacrifice. I do not know if Karl is missing the thrill and newness of another dominant or the excitement of strange sex, but I am comfortable in saying that if he did, he would make the sacrifice and keep his vow of monogamy. He would do it for you. He would not look for a way to rationalize or justify breaking it or changing it. I am hoping that you won't either. Respectfully Stan

    ReplyDelete

  10. MISTRESS LADY GREY, your pages that you've posted 3 and 4 years ago
    (especially your page "The Female Foot" which is my favorite one) does not exist!

    So please MISTRESS, and if YOU don't mind, how can i have all your previous pages?

    Thank YOU MISTRESS and by the way, your husband KARL is the luckiest man in the universe to be at YOUR DIVINE FEET...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stan - I do understand what you're saying, and I guess I was wrong when I thought you were being sarcastic in your previous comment. However, I'm not convinced that my "itch" will result in any sort of broken promise to Karl, and once again I advise you to wait until the next blog entry.

    Dick Wanker? - You posted this comment 4 times within a 10 minute period, as well as one more asking how you can reach me. You reach me via this blog, period. The entries you seek have been erased by me and I know of no way to get them back. It's very hard to take someone who goes by the name of Dick Wanker seriously. If you are simply playing games, I'd ask you to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. MISTRESS LADY GREY i'm really sorry that you're having this bad impression about me but i'm really serious and i think that we cannot judge people from their names if you understand what i mean. Plus, i do respect you because i always respect women like you so i don't have the balls to play games with YOU because simply i'm not worth it.
    In fact, i apologize one more time because i gave you that bad image about me and by the way, my real name is not Dick Wanker and i think i'm not the only one in this blog who's using a fake name.
    I'm just an average guy and i have a foot fetish and i would really appreciate it if you can let me have your page "The Female foot" that you've posted 4 years ago because you really did a good description about the power of the female foot.
    And when i asked you about how i would contact you i just meant that if you wouldn't mind you would give your e-mail address, that's it.
    Any Way, i'm just following you and i'm really enjoying what you write every time in this blog, so thank you MISTRESS LADY GREY for everything...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lady Grey - I stumbled upon your blog a few months back and it's been fascinating reading - thank you :)

    Of course both you and Karl know each other and so looking at it from the outside is a very incomplete picture - but it does afford one a perspective of objectivity which is harder when you're so involved so with that here are a couple of thoughts.

    I have to echo a lot of what Stan says. To me, it seems like there are two distinct things - 1. your motivation and itch (and it's admirable how you've shared and discussed this with each other) 2. The outcomes - which seems quite unarguably sub optimal for Karl.

    There's a very interesting concept that Clayton Christensen discusses called the "Trap of Marginal Thinking". Essentially, it references the ability that all of us to look at situations where there are outcomes when we desire something, involving a somewhat practical/moral dilemma and persuade ourselves by 'qualifying' it with various things. E.g. in your case - with the non-sexual aspect of it.

    The trap is that almost always we end up paying the full price for the marginal decisions - not the marginal price. As you are already starting to write (and as Karl suggested) the line between sexual and non-sexual is very gray here. What happens if during the training you feel that the boundaries you draw are not satisfying your ithc completely and maybe they would if the boundaries were pushed just a little bit more?

    I'm sure you'll both take a very thought out decision but whatever it is, it might be worth considering that this might involve paying the "full price" of the decision and not just the marginal cost in the long run. Taking that decision with that knowledge might help set better expectations for both of you.

    Wish both of you all the best!

    - leashed

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forgive my candour Lady Grey, i just felt i must add my comment.

    why is karl not happy for you to give and recieve sexual arousal to other men? vows or no, you know what you meant by them and i should think he would be more than happy to know you are being turned on in whatever way you see fit. sub or no, he will gain the exquisite pleasure of knowing his place and the ultimate pleasure in serving his mistress. i'm sure he will reap the rewards of your new found happiness and also it opens up many new avenues for devotion and punishment and excitement in equal measures.

    i say you should be true to the strong woman that you are, do as you feel is right, feel no regret or remorse for what you do and karl will crawl at your feet and beg to know how you are feeling and beg to serve and worship you all the more when you return from training some other lucky lucky boy.

    he must be feeling scared, of course, to lose such a wonder as you most obviously are, but that is his place, to never become complacent, to make sure you know he is the best sub you have ever had, to find new ways to embrace it and push forwards as you make sure you get your pleasure and devotion from wherever YOU want.

    again forgive me, i cannot tell you what to do, i am not worthy of such thoughts but i want to tell karl - stop whining! get with the program, get on your knees and beg her to do whatever she wishes to do and be grateful if you are allowed to kiss her ass goodbye and lick her feet and clean her up when she returns (or better yet when you return from whatever chore laid out for you to do whilst she plays).

    i hope we hear more of your decision soon, i hope it is to scratch that itch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lady Grey.




    I do not know you or Karl, however if even a partial amount of the love you have written about is true I believe you'll both come through. Relationships aren't static and require each person to grow and adapt to their partners and their relationship.




    Good Luck,


    Kasha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing, Lady Grey. I am interested to see the outcome as I believe in Karl's intelligence to come up with either an acceptable solution or a meaningful and compelling reason for it to not happen.

    If I had to go out on a limb I would wager that with the depth of his submission and his understanding of your needs he was able to form some parameters that he could bear to live with.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dick - I suppose your choice of names is up to you. You might, however, consider the impression given by a name such as yours. As to your questions regarding the deleted foot blog entry, as well as how to reach me, I suggest you read the answers I already gave you to your last comment.

    leashed - I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your comment as to what you're suggesting might be "marginal thinking" on my part, but I wonder if you, Stan, and his followers in this matter fully understand that a Dom does not work under the same moral "vision" as a vanilla female. You may decry such a situation, but it's a fact of life. D/s is not a democracy; it's a dictatorship. I consider myself a benevolent dictator, and believe me when I say that there are Femdoms who wouldn't consider for a second how their husband would feel about a Dom's itches.

    All of the responders to this blog entry have been male. I can't help but wonder how another dominant female would react. Somehow, I doubt she'd be quite as judgemental as you boys are being.

    Anon - How refreshing! So nice to hear from a male who takes a different view than most males have taken in this matter. I don't necessarily agree with everything you've said, but I certainly enjoy the thrust of your comment.

    Kasha - Thank you. I also have no doubt that all will work out well. Are you a male or a female?

    Fur - As usual, you're close to the mark. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope things are going better for you.


    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Lady Grey,

    I'm a cross dresser, so both but neither . . .

    Kasha Ze

    ReplyDelete