Friday, August 4, 2017

FUN AT THE SHORE - NOT!!!

Well, so much for R&R.  I'm sitting at my keyboard doing "hunt and peck" typing with my left hand, and I am not left handed.  Our vacation at the seashore had me getting hit from behind by a large wave near shore, and that resulted in a tumbling and swirling event that left my right wrist severely sprained and my right shoulder yanked nearly out of its socket.  No broken bones, but more than enough pain and sleepless nights.


As a result, I've spent the past month all bandaged up with probably another month to go before things are somewhat back to normal.  My dominant personality does not accept injury very well at all.  Sort of a "how dare you" backlash going through my head every day.  Typing is difficult - thus my blog silence - but I did want to keep in contact at least enough to let my readers know that this too must pass eventually, and I will be back in stride  - hopefully - very soon.


Karl, of course, has been wonderful.  Waiting on me hand and foot, but that's not awfully different than our everyday lives, is it:)  Vanessa has been great as my chauffeur whenever I get sick of being housebound, and Patsy as well has come through. 


I'll stop for now, as I've made so many typos with this left handed stuff  that I thought I'd never get this done, and I'm royally pissed off about the whole thing.  I hope all of you are well, and I will, as always, welcome comments even if it may take me longer than usual to respond.

28 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your injuries, Lady Grey, but I am happy that you have let us know. I have missed you a lot.

    Sprains can often linger for a very long time.

    I am currently picturing some elaborate system of pulleys, levers, and cables that would allow you to sit and tug a lever with your left hand that would raise Karl to his toes while dangling from the ceiling and with a mechanical arm flogging him.

    Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just picturing the contraption you describe got me laughing - and that's been in short supply lately. Thanks for the "image", fur!

      Delete
  2. hope you heal :))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Lady Grey! Glad to hear from You. I have been worrying about you...so long absence. I wish You and your beloved sub husband Karl all the best and quick recovery and joyful come back to fulfilling FLR practices which You might share with us, your faithful readers and admirers.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peter. Getting things back to normal will be a pleasure. Things are progressing well, but I'm the impatient sort. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Doesn't your husband type?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poorly, at best. Doesn't really matter, as typing from my dictation would give him access to my blog and entirely too many of my thoughts.

      Delete
    2. Doesn't Karl know about your blog? I red at least once his reply to fur sissy, so I thought he follows the blog. Is he not allowed to read it or is he just not interested in reading it, if I may ask?
      Hope You will be well soon, Lady Grey.
      Thank You very much for your all interesting, well-thought writing.
      Peter

      Delete
    3. No, he is not allowed to access my blog. Occasionally, I might let him read certain segments, but that doesn't happen on a regular basis. I've also had him write his views on certain matters when it's relevant, but that rarely happens.

      Delete
    4. Thank You for answering my question, Lady Grey. And congratulations on training him well in obedience. I must be hard to not be allowed to read what his mistress-wife divulges to the world about her thoughts. But obedience and trust is what true FRL is all about.
      Peter

      Delete
  5. Sorry about your accident in the ocean. I thought I was having a good time in Florida once. I was wading in the ocean and I turned around and my glasses were taken off my face by a wave. I walked up and down the beach asking if anyone had seen a pair of glasses wash up on the beach. Finally I found a guy and he told me that he saw them. A school of fish had found them and was using them. Really Funny. Anyway take care and mend well. Fire Fighter Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very strange joke, Steve. At least, I think it's a joke. Takes all kinds, huh? Thanks for stopping by, and I'll do my best to mend properly.

      Delete
  6. Lady Grey, It is so good to hear from you although I'm so sorry to hear of you injuries. Good that Karl and your friends are there for you. Continued recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, humble. Yes, everybody has been above and beyond with their help. Good friends are indeed priceless. Humble servants, as well:)

      Delete
  7. We miss you so much.

    HS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you HS.
      I miss having the use of my right hand and shoulder. Hopefully, I'll be at full strength soon.

      Delete
  8. That was that guys idea of a joke. It's funny now but back then I couldn't see without them. Anyway sorry for your accident and get well soon. Take Care and god bless. FF Steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oy. So sorry to hear about your injuries. What a sucky beach experience. He's hoping the fall brings only health and good beatings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, FootSlaveE. I'm hoping for usage of both hands to type within a month, at worst. Unfortunately, my shoulder is making it very hard to find a comfortable sleeping position. That dip in the ocean has had some nasty consequences.

      Delete
    2. Here's hoping you're correct, FootSlaveE. That dip in the ocean was something that I could have lived without.

      Delete
  10. LG. Definitely miss your fantastic Blog. Wishing you all the best and hope you are feeling better soon.
    vic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vic. I'm mending, but not as quickly as I used to.

      Delete
  11. I'm so sorry for you, it's been a pretty terrible 2017 so far! Glad you're slowly getting better. I'm sure Karl will feel your pent up frustration soon enough :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Karl has been great and none of this is his fault, so I can't be too hard on him. However, I will need to strengthen my right arm "stroking" abilities when I'm back in action, now won't I?

      Delete
    2. And practise makes perfect, so....Poor Karl!

      Delete
  12. I'm sorry to hear of your accident. Best wishes to you along with hopes for a speedy recovery.
    G.M.

    ReplyDelete