Sunday, October 2, 2011

PAIN - GIVING AND TAKING

 


Posted at contemplatingthedivine.blogspot.com.  Caption by the always creative Servitor.


Pain is a very touchy subject (no pun intended).  In my last posting - "Embracing The Inner Sadist" - I talked about the fact (as I see it) that there is an inevitable aspect of sadism in simply being a Dom.  I won't go into details (go back and read it if you're interested), but I didn't spend much time on the giving or taking of pain.  Therefore, this posting can be considered a continuation, an extrapolation of sorts, of my last blog entry. 

Many blogs written by sub males say that their wives/partners can accept most aspects of being dominant, except that they would not be interested in giving pain to their sub.  Indeed, the very thought - according to the male writers - is so horrifying to the Dom that any hint that the male might desire pain is almost guaranteed to be a deal breaker.  In other words, the Dom is willing to take control of the relationship, putting her partner in the role of housekeeper/servant, controlling his right to orgasm, possibly having him wear a chastity device, assuming control of the finances and allowing her mate to use money only with her permission, establishing rules of conduct, determining how he is to use any leisure time she allots him, requiring that he service her sexually and/or worship her body, and on and on....but she is horrified at the "perverted" idea of giving him physical pain in the form of corporal punishment, torture, or the like.

Here we go again, ladies, as I am forced to call this a form of hypocrisy.  Let's face some facts.  You're a Dom; he's your sub.  It's most likely his heartfelt choice that he's your sub.  He wants you to dominate him.  I guarantee you that he would not be unwilling to accept a physical aspect to any punishments you deem necessary.  More than that, I'd be willing to bet that he'd LOVE to have you administer physical punishment.  But, no, you're above that sort of thing.  You are, after all, a caring female who is willing to dominate your man, but heaven forbid that you go against the traditional view of a woman as a loving, gentle creature who wouldn't dream of physically hurting her man. 

What a crock.  You're already being enormously nontraditional by dominating your man.  You're already making a mockery of the standard role of a woman.  You're already, by definition, engaging in a perverted relationship.  You're already exhibiting sadistic qualities by purposely humbling him and psychologically emasculating him.  Yet heaven forbid that he might welcome some pain at your hands.  "He wants me to beat him?  He wants me to engage in cock and ball torture?  He wants to be tied down, put into bondage?  The man is perverted!"

Yes, I understand.  Women aren't raised that way.  We're taught to be kind, loving and caring.  We don't wrestle with and/or punch each other very often.  It's hard to break old habits.  All true, but if you've committed to being the Dom in your relationship, you've already abolished normalcy.  You're breaking the rules every day, and I must assume you enjoy being the Dom, or you wouldn't do it.  So why is it so unimaginable that you might administer some pain to the poor dear, especially if he wants it?

We're talking about a loving relationship here, not some Prodom situation.  You do love the man, right?  You do realize that he's a sub because he wants and needs to be submissive to you?  You do want him to be happy, don't you?  To be fulfilled by his submissiveness to you.  So why is THAT acceptable, but the fact that he'd welcome a physical element to any punishment he's earned so distasteful to you?  You say it's just not in you to hurt him?  You say it's fine to frustrate and tease him mercilessly while denying him orgasmic release?  All those humiliations you bestow upon him, all those rules of behavior that must not be broken.  That's all fine, but corporal punishment is taboo.  That, to me, is a very shortsighted view.

Consider this ladies: it's a rarely talked about aspect of domination, but the fact that a man is willing to accept physical punishment from his Dom is highly significant.  He's probably stronger than you, he could certainly stop your raised hand or crop from hitting him, he doesn't have to willingly let you tie him up, he could most likely overpower you at any time.  And yet, he doesn't, and this shows just how much he accepts your dominance, needs your dominance, wants your dominance.  It's not a disservice to a sub to be physically punished by you.  It's a gift from you to him, and a clear representation of his desire to be totally in your power.  For you, it's a wonderful sense of strength to know that this much stronger person is under your control,  physically as well as mentally.

Here's a little experiment you can try if you've never raised a hand to your sub.  The next time he's earned a punishment, go into your bedroom and sit down fully clothed on your bed.  Call him into the room and tell him to strip and stand before you.  Take a little length of cord, or rope, or even your stockings and tell him to turn around.  Tie his hands behind him.  Tell him to turn around again, and then you take a good look at his cock.  Oh my!  That's how he reacts to a modicum of bondage. Then tell him that he's going to be spanked for doing whatever it is that he's done to displease you.  Take another look at his cock.  Has it wilted in fear?  Is he clearly excited or not?  Let me take a guess.  Then put him over your knees and spank him.  After twenty hard swats, tell him to apologize for what he's done.  He will.  Then have him stand up and face you, and tell him that he must understand that if you have to do this again, it will be forty swats, and you'll be using a hairbrush or perhaps a paddle.  Then untie his hands and tell him to get down on his knees, kiss the hand that spanked him,  and thank you for correcting him.  See if he objects.  Note how it feels to you to have him on his knees thanking you for his spanking.

Go ahead.  Give it a try.  You might find that you've opened a new and delightful element to your D/s lifestyle.  If I'm completely wrong, and he wasn't excited about what you just did, if you didn't get a little tingle from doing it, well then call me a fool.  But if I'm right, then hum a few bars of that old tune "This Could Be The Start of Something Big".

32 comments:

  1. Greetings, Lady Grey... I'm Cleo for short...I'm very new to this openness.. but I have to agree with you. I was one of those wives who would never even think of spanking or other types of corporal punishment to my husband. And yet when it came down to it, in a difficult situation and when my husband pleaded with me to spank him and even though I didn't understand it, I spanked him. It seemed so odd to me, but yet, I did spank him. At that particular moment in time it didn't make sense to me, but it did seem to appeal to another side to me. A side to me that I didn't know was within me. I was sooo innocent and naive about men and about life. When my husband was so naughty, I didn't know what to do. I could have left him at difficult times or I had to think outside my own little comfort box and be creative. You guess, which way did I decide? That's the whole kinda picture, as individuals, as unique as we are, each one has to decide by their own free will which way to go and there is the "rub." My husband felt guilty about something he had done wrong and he needed me to discipline him and when he offered his butt to me for the first time, I was really too angry at him to let him off the hook so easily.

    I did spank his butt, but he also suffered other consequences... in my innocence and ignorance, I didn't understand myself or him or life and I made him pay for his mistakes much more so than a painful spanking.

    Of course, that was years ago, and after a lot of soul searching, I realized what it was then and what it has become now. It was not only a matter of spanking him or causing him pain that pleases me (although it does please me), but rather... it helps him to be a better person... a better man... a man that I love... and well... I have no problem with being sadistic and torcherous, but of course, out of love. LOL hehehehe

    CleoToptra

    ReplyDelete
  2. LG, As you always do you hit the nail right on the head. (no pun intended) I honestly don't know how you can have a FLR without physical punishment.For those that haven't tried LG's little experiment give it a shot. Although hubbette may scream no no at times his barometer always tells me the truth. This is why he is kept naked quite often. I agree that there are other ways to punish and humble a sub but as LG pointed out, most subs crave some form of physical punishment.

    Then there is a whole release of your inner sadist side. As I addressed this in that last posting I won't go there again. What I will add is that a good spanking or infliction of pain of some sorts has always been my best training tool. When hubbettes little barometer sinks, I know there is a good likelyhood that whatever infraction he did to cause this will not likely be repeated.

    I'm sorry if these is all over the place but I totally agree with LG on this one. Pain MUST go hand in hand within my FLR, why not yours? As I said, try LG's little experiment, you might be surprised what "pops up" .

    QG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LG,

    Again, as a novice Dom, this part of the relationship did take some getting used to. As you said, I had no problem with orgasm control, finances, time constraints (etc). But corporal punishment?? I had a MUCH easier time dressing my hubby in heels and stockings than I did with beating his ass! Maybe, as you said, it's the whole female/nurturing side. We are raised to be caregivers, and now in order for me to get the results I desire I have to do what?? Are you shitting me? Where's the candid camera????

    I don't remember the "first time". However, I do remember the change it caused. Not only did I feel differently, in a good way, but suddenly the behavior that caused this beating seemed to go away. It was the damndest thing!! This whole cause and effect thing was for real! But it is a struggle in the beginning (for me anyways). I felt this surge of power, this rush, this excitement. To see my husband in this position, knowing I controlled when it stopped...knowing I could change whatever behavior was pissing me off...Was this okay? Is there something wrong with me? Is this unhealthy?? Shouldn't there be a "healthier " way of dealing with this?? Have I gone too far?

    It's such a strange new feeling/role to have. As a woman who only recently has tapped into this side of myself, it can be confusing at times. As you very well know, I have had times of "starting/stopping". I think one of the reasons for this is the confusion over understanding each new part of my new role and my new self. I like this!! Is that okay?? Am I okay?? It is such a strange new way to look at taking care of a loved one. Hubby and I love each other and obviously want to see the other happy. THIS makes him happy?? THIS will make me happy? It's hard to get your head around...at first. But boy oh boy, when I did...Everything everyone says on these blogs is true. It brought us closer and although I didn't think it was possible to fall more in love with my husband, nor he more in love with me, it really did happen!! Go figure...

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleo - So nice to hear from a new Dom - at least new to the blogging world. I have read your blog and between you and your husband, I've got a pretty good idea of where you're coming from. I'm so happy that your FLR is constantly evolving in a positive direction, and the fact that you know the value of physical punishment and have learned to like administering it ("out of love" of course) is music to my ears. Keep it up, and keep in touch.

    QG- Thanks as always for your support and kind words. Yes, once again we're thinking alike on the subject of physical punishment. I really can't imagine a FLR without at least some element of corporal punishment, and I've yet to meet a sub who didn't need and want it. And yes, isn't it handy to have that cock barometer to tell you what effect you're having on him. "What goes up, must come down" is a maxim of science, but I doubt that whoever first said it ever imagined how delightful it is for a Dom to be able to control that situation:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. M - What a wonderful comment! Sorry I'm getting to it out of turn, but it evidently arrived as I was answering the first two comments. Yes, I'm familiar with what you've gone through, but thanks so much for sharing it with any ladies reading this blog. You're a perfect example of someone who was willing to try something completely new, and the fact that you kept learning and trying new things is just so admirable. QG and I were "natural Doms", but you and Cleo (and Ms. Marie for that matter) weren't and I truly admire the courage it must have taken to try a D/s relationship, and then to try physical punishment. It's clear that you made the right decision, and I only hope that your story inspires other ladies to try as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife falls into this same category. She has admitted that administering physical pain she just can't do. Maybe because it is so primal, and to the point, rather than a round about sensual way to toy with a man. She also sees no benefit of her own by administering pain, but sensual domination such as body worship, massage, and domestic dutues, are things that benefit her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an insightful comment. And what a horrible thought, to be in a d/s relationship in which the dominant cannot bring herself to administer corporal punishment. The sub would be constantly frustrated and longing and eventually bitter - so near and yet so far. It's like handing a thirsty man a photograph of a big mug of ice-cold beer. Half-measures availed us nothing; it's not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. junior - Obviously, I disagree with your wife. How about you? You didn't say whether or not you're content with the lack of physical pain. Can you think of ways that having her administer physical punishment would benefit her? Have you talked about this? See Otto's comment below yours. Is he right? Are you constantly frustrated?

    Otto - Well, Otto, I can't really argue with what you're saying. But I'm not in such a position and I don't know how I'd react if I were. Many men seem to be able to accept a lack of physical punishment and still enjoy their submission. All I know is that I wouldn't enjoy such a relationship, but then I willingly recognize the sadistic side of myself, where many women can't deal with it. In the end, it's whatever makes you happy, but I think a lot of women are missing out on a lot of happiness because they're afraid to try a little corporal punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Lady Grey,

    Yes. Yes. Yes. My Wife, Mistress Nance, and i are in a relatively new and evolving FLR. Perhaps the one event that really got the ball rolling was the first time She tied me up kneeling and whipped me. She was hesitant. But following the event there was no denying her intense sexual excitement. She had never been so wet or had such an intense orgasm as when she pushed me down on the bed afterwards and rode my face and tongue to climax. What a learning experience for both of us!
    As for me, the FLR would feel as if it were missing a critical piece without Mistress physically punishing me both to enforce her will and for her enjoyment. i would not find our relationship satisfying at all if She were not doing it for Her own pleasure. And last but surely not least, moving more into our FLR has intensified our love for each other and enjoyment of life to a degree that neither would have envisioned beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An excellent post, Lady Grey (as was the Embracing the Inner Sadist post).

    I agree completely with what you have written and do think a lot of this is rooted in the battle for feeling "normal." I think that is an idea that both subs and Dommes have to confront at some point in time and there are those that embrace the lifestyle (accepting abnormality) and those that run away from it hiding from feelings of shame and sexual deviance.

    I have often seen the "why should I punish him that way if that's what he likes?" reasoning employed, partly due to the reasons you listed above and (usually) partly due to not wanting to feel like your lover is a pervert/deviant. Time has taught me that it can ALWAYS be unpleasant, especially if psychological cruelty is employed. This can take some creativity but mainly is a matter of truly accepting the lifestyle you have chosen to live.

    Another thing that time has taught me is that even the sub with the best intentions will eventually derail without helpful "guidance" from a Domme. To put it bluntly, pain and punishment are the best teacher. They give a Domme the ability to shape their sub into whatever they want, weeding out his bad habits and nurturing good ones. He will slip along the way, but increasing the severity of repeated infractions definitely decreases the frequency of said mistakes. An element of deep-rooted terror is the greatest deterrent to misbehaving and a constant reminder for a sub to think about Her, and not about himself.

    In most cases, I believe the thought of losing Her always outweighs the unpleasantness of any punishment. If a woman can see punishment time as a symbol of his love and devotion to her it can often become a time of emotional bonding and closeness... it just isn't always easy to see it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nssub - Well that's just wonderful! I'm so happy to hear that your wife was able to get beyond her reluctance to find out the particular turn-on that administering physical punishment can give. It seems to have worked out beautifully for both of you. It doesn't surprise me at all, and I wish you both the best as you explore your D/s relationship.

    fur - Nice to hear from you again - it's been a long time. Three points of yours seem especially salient. First, when you point out that pain and punishment are the best teacher. My husband made remarkable strides from the very beginning of our relationship because of that concept. I'd like to think that my particular form of "creativity" in those areas had something to do with it as well:)

    Second, from a sub's point of view, when you wrote "I believe the thought of losing Her always outweighs the unpleasantness of any punishment." That is the ultimate threat, isn't it? And conversely, it's also the ultimate assurance to him of her satisfaction when she doesn't leave the relationship.

    And third, from the standpoint of the Dom, there's this that you wrote - "If a woman can see punishment time as a symbol of his love and devotion to her it can often become a time of emotional bonding and closeness." Couldn't agree more. Thanks, as always, for your perceptive input.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Lady Grey. I would like to say I will be on more but due to some things going on in life it will probably be a few months before I am a regular again.

    I know a lot of your early punishments seemed to have the intention of breeding self-discipline in Karl (in addition to quickly righting any wrongs). I believe the creativity really jumped up a notch once he was already self-disciplined and defeated... bringing his suffering to new heights I'm sure.

    I definitely think the threat of loss is the greatest fear and can go well beyond the scope of most punishments (there's a couple I can think of that are very debatable). I think some of it varies based upon how the relationship was founded. In cases where a long-term relationship already existed, and assuming that the D/s dynamic was instigated by the male, this fear is often decreased a bit if/when she accepts this lifestyle. For those starting a relationship that has already agreed on the D/s lifestyle I think there's many cases where a sub wants to be putty and molded into what she wants by any means necessary.

    In both cases I think the amount of time the sub has fantasized about the lifestyle before actually experiencing it probably has a lot to do with it. e.g. a sub that has a very well-developed fantasy about how the D/s lifestyle SHOULD be lived and what his behavior as a sub and her behavior as a Domme SHOULD be will probably require more frequent and severe beatings than a true novice sub that puts too much cream cheese on your bagel.

    Similarly, the longer I spend in the lifestyle, the more opinions I form on likes and dislikes, the more kinky "needs" I develop, and so on. The more rooted in what I want/don't want that I become, the less appealing I would be to a potential Domme if I were to find myself single and on the market again. This gives all the more reason to enduring anything and keep her from leaving/dismissing me.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings Lady Grey,

    Marc here.

    Firstly i want to commend the very insightful comments of Fur Sissy. i can't say that i disagree with anything he wrote. This thread, especially when combined with youur last post, has become a very interesting discussion.

    As for Cleo and Her willingness to inflict pain...well...at first (many years ago) it started as a general "willingness" but over time it grew more into a need or desire.

    Lately She has come to embrace Her "true inner sadist" and began to accept it rather than being horrified at Her own pleasure with cruelty. As you already know, your blog (among others of note) has been a catalyst in this self-discovery.

    For a long time the ONLY form of D/s we engaged in was corporal punishment (as contrasted with the women you speak of in this current post). It wasn't until lately that we came to realize that a true D/s relationship goes beyond the mere physical manifestation that corporal punishment gives. True D/s, in my opinion, goes beyond the physical and will weave its way into the very fabric of everyday life. It is a both/and - not an either/or.

    As i said recently elsewhere, i just don't get the mindset of those women/couples that refuse to incorporate physical punishment into their supposed D/s lifestyle. To me i don't see much difference between that and the stereotypical version of an overbearing bitchy wife who henpecks and pussy whips her wimpy husband because she alone gets what she wants without regard for his needs. Don't get me wrong, i know that in a D/s lifestyle it is all about Her...but...if what She wants totally disregards his needs along the way then she (small "s") is just acting bossy, unloving, and being a woman who is not worthy of being considered a true Domme in a real FLR (one caveat here: this doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't love him, it sometimes means that she isn't ready yet for corporal punishment etc...). Such a thing will not strengthen a marriage but rather tear it apart.

    With Cleo - it is all about Her. But what She wants is to include my needs within the context of our life. And THAT is why i LOVE Her guts and will do ANYTHING She demands (except last Sunday when i fucked up - LOL).

    Love the discussion here...lots to think about.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  14. fur - So your fear that she might end the relationship outweighs your likes and dislikes of the relationship, and this is because you see yourself as a less desirable sub BECAUSE of your likes and dislikes, and kinks, etc? I believe that's what's known as a Catch 22. Are you happy about this, Yossarian? I suspect not.

    Marc - I agree with what you said, but do keep in mind that it's very unusual for a wife to initiate a D/s situation after years of vanilla, and it's equally as unusual for her to utilize corporal punishment before the more visceral aspects of the relationship are firmly in place. Comparing Cleo to other wives is somewhat unfair, and though I 'm hardly going to defend the lack of corporal punishment coming from those other wives, I can at least see how it usually happens. I don't understand it because of who I am, but I can acknowledge it I suppose. The little dears are losing out on so much, and you're quite right to be so thankful for your Cleo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Marc.

    Lady Grey,

    In my own case (that admittedly wreaks of emotional damage), it isn't so much that my kinks make me feel unappealing so I'll endure, it's more-so that successfully courting a Domme is one of the most difficult and intimidating things there is :)

    The less kink-needs a sub has, the easier it is to find a Domme that is a good fit and more importantly, be a good fit for a Domme.

    In general, I think it can vary from relationship to relationship. One thing I believe is that if a sub ever feels "too comfortable" and "too safe" with the course of the relationship, mistakes are bound to happen. That tiny bit of fear, even if the event is highly unlikely, can serve as a very motivating factor for sustaining performance and willingness to partake in activities that they may have balked at otherwise.

    Overall, I know that I fear being discarded more than almost any punishment imaginable. I do fear punishment but I'm also thankful for it. If she takes the time and care to teach me a lesson, I am grateful for it and do my best to learn it. It means she believes in me and my capacity to make her happy.

    On a basic level it may be a catch 22, but when I go through the emotional process it doesn't quite loop in that direct of a manner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lady Grey,

    Oooooooooh...a reference to Yossarian. This is impressive since so few people in today's world have ever read Catch 22 (or have seen the movie). Love it (your reference to it)Kudos.

    And yes you are right - Cleo IS unusual in that the first thing She grasped was the value of corporal punishment. It is the rest of it that She is now trying to absorb and incorporate into our FLR.

    It may be somewhat unfair (i agree with you there) to compare Cleo to others, but the reality is exactly what you say: the poor dears really do not know what they are missing.

    If even one woman reading this blog decides that tonight she is going to beat Her man's ass for the first time - then this is a blog post well worth its salt.

    i hope i am not the only man in the world tonight with a sore ass. Some people try to save the whales. With You - You are trying to save the red butts. Good for You. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post is absolutely perfect and so very true. I've met so many women that will do just about anything to their slave. But choke when it's time to pick up the whip. It's like beating their man is taking a step they can't take back. Like they are doing something wrong, something forbidden. Something that will brand them as cruel, evil, sadistic or over the edge. Maybe it's because women just aren't raised to do this to their man.

    The only hesitation I ever had was my first time with the whip. And that only lasted for the first few minutes. After that I just kept getting wetter and wetter as I swung that crop harder and harder. By the time I finished with him, he was a mess at my feet. And I couldn't wait to get him back up and between my legs. I put aside all those guilt trips long ago. Lady Grey is right, they want this more than we do. So why cheat them and ourselves out of so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lady Grey,
    One thing some ladies need to consider in trying the "experiment." They need to take into account their submissive's age. We older guys don't leap to attention as quickly as the younger guys do. Our "barometer" may not instantly tell you how excited we are, but that does not mean we aren't. We can be quite excited mentally and very aware of our desire to be spanked, but not display a strong physical reaction. There may well be less dramatic indications, but even that takes a little time to show. That said, the woman who really loves and knows her man will be able to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  19. fur - That tiny bit of fear you mention may be a lot more than tiny in many cases. I think once a sub is happily ensconced in a D/s relationship, he's unlikely to do much in the way of rocking the boat. Gives the Dom quite a bit of leeway, as is only right, right?

    Marc - I can just see the posters now: "Join the Save the Red Butt Movement". And wouldn't you just love to be the poster boy?

    Sandra - Thank you for your kind words of support. Your description of the feeling growing inside you when administering that first beating was a dramatic example of what can happen when a Dom is willing to try exploring into a previously self-forbidden area. Good for you - you're definitely talking my language. I'd love to see you start your own blog. Go for it!

    anon - That's an excellent point and I'm very glad you brought it up. I, and many other Doms, are often too glibly commmenting on the tell-tale hard-on while forgetting that a man can be aroused without exhibiting such, especially as he grows older and the blood doesn't flow into that cock the way it once did. This can also happen to a man of any age as a side effect of many medications. I've had some experience in the past with subs over 60 years old, and one of them was in exactly that situation. He was very embarassed to talk about it, and felt quite inadequate, but some discussion about what was happening led to his use of Viagra - which does nothing more than increase the blood flow and allow a hard-on for an aroused man - and he wound up feeling much better about himself. He didn't get to use his newly stiffened cock anyway, but that's another matter entirely:)

    There's no shame in getting some help when the body needs it, and as you say, the mental desire can certainly be there in the absence of the stiff cock. Sometimes the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, and that's certainly no reason to deny the man his right to a good beating, or whatever it is that his Dom has in store for him.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lady Grey,

    It does indeed give the Domme a lot of leeway in most cases, especially as subs change over time. What may have been seen as abuse early on will often develop into ordinary as subs often acclimate with repeated experience. The downside is that if the abuse is done in a bad way, it can have psychological ramifications on the sub. It can be rather tough to find the line between good and bad abuse though.

    I agree that (good) subs won't rock the boat once a relationship is in swing. I do believe in the long run they may subconsciously stop rowing the boat (even if they don't realize it) during times where both parties are busy or stressed with external factors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My experience: My wife had been a teacher at a school where the paddle was used often. So it was natural she decided to use it on me. It put me in my place and kept me in line. I didn't enjoy it; I feared it. But it knocked the male swagger out of me. Hard to swagger while completely nude with your butt the highest point of your body waiting for the first lick. No, my wife is not a sadist, but a firm disciplinarian.

    At this stage, I rarely "get it" because I don't often need it. But the board is always at hand. We pack it on trips.

    I don't resent it. I think it is crucial in maintaing our relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fur - Yes, external factors do rear their ugly heads at times. Should be a law against them.

    anon - Do you feel certain in your own mind that your wife derives absolutely no pleasure from paddling you? Does it not give her pleasure to have successfully corrected your errant behavior? To have kept you in line?

    And how about you? Is it a strictly negative experience, or did/do you get something more out of it than just a sore butt? Is there no sexuality involved?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lady Grey:
    For me, there is only fear, extreme pain and shame. It is true discipline. It doesn't cause an erection. Quite the opposite.

    Why do I consent? Because I was being an uncontroled jerk and, in desperation, my wife said maybe I should get what her students used to. It worked.

    She doesn't don any kinky clothes and she uses her old high school paddle, which is a formidable instrument. Not some sex shop toy. The licks are very hard, not love pats.

    Does she enjoy it? It probably gives her satisfaction to have such control and see me suffering for misbehaviour. What is important is that she only spanks me when I need it, not when she feels like it.
    She has let me off far more times than she has been unjust, in my opinion.

    As I mentioned, at first I was almost always sore. She had to show her forcefulness. As time went on, I began to control myself. A look or gesture from her would keep me in line.


    I still need it sometimes, but only a few times a year. If she were a sadist, she would use any excuse to smack me. She doesn't.

    I like the fact it's there. Not its use.

    ReplyDelete
  24. anon - Well, if you say so, Ill have to accept that neither you nor your wife gets any sexual juice from the paddling. I wonder, though, if that's the case (and I'm not trying to be glib or sarcastic here), what are you doing reading my blog or any blog where there's clearly and unapologetically a sexual element to D/s, paddling, etc.? What are you seeking from this walk on the wild side?

    ReplyDelete
  25. If your man is really a person who needs a spanking, he is gratified by the intense sensation you give him by spanking him. I have occasionally switched with him, and the cutting sting of the cane striking my pale ass is a fabulous moment... it tells me that I can overcome my writers block, my stupid neglect of parking tickets.. we agreed that I needed it. He isn't 100% comfortable paddling me, cos I am much smaller than him and he says my ass looks too tender, but we both know it needs to be done sometimes. I am not a cruel or harsh woman, but I know he needs spankings, lots of them, intense fierce ones and I don't feel one bit of remorse even when he has bled from it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Maria - Thank you for your input. So you like the moment- the "fabulous moment"- when the cane strikes your ass because it works as an incentive? Is that the only reason? Is there a sexual element in it for you?

    How about when you cane your husband? Is that simply a utilitarian thing that you do because he "needs" it, or is there a sexual element for him? How do you feel when administering the caning? Any sexual element when giving the pain?

    I'm curious, because your comment almost seems to be denying anything sexual in the process of caning. That's not true for me. Is it for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late to the party! I Love your blog. Its educational and hot! I believe spanking etc, has a sexual element to it.

      Delete
  27. It is semi-sexual for me, I don't think I would feel like receiving it from anyone who was not sexual with me. It is a playful erotic sensual form of discipline. My husband certainly is profoundly aroused from spankings, but I have sent him to a friend of mine when I was away for weeks on business. He was to do everything she told him to do, because it was my wish, and he had to be shamelessly nude and willing to do anything she asked but they both knew they could not have sex. She told me that he only became partially aroused never fully erect. When he is with me he sometimes gets erect just from taking up the position! It is highly sexual but also provides a release of tension and emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Maria - Very interesting. I was intrigued by the fact that your husband didn't get more than partially aroused when staying with your friend. Since he was nude and made to follow her orders it surprises me that he didn't get more aroused. Yet he gets aroused at the mere prospect of being spanked by you. Perhaps it's only the pain and the fact that he's getting it from you that turns him on. Was he spanked by your friend? If so, and he wasn't aroused, that speaks to quite a connection between you and your husband, or some rather spectacular training on your part that has made him respond only to you.

    I asked my husband what he felt about this situation, and he said that his arousal at the hands of another woman would depend on whether he felt comfortable or fearful in her presence. Assuming she had my permission to do as she wanted with him, he'd trust me enough to know that I had set limits for her and therefore he wouldn't be too fearful. In which case, he concluded, he felt he would have been aroused, though not nearly as much as he is with me where there's a sexual element that he knew didn't exist with this other woman.

    For my part, I do believe that I'd have him in a chastity device. No sense taking any chances.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have been in a FLR relationship with my wife for nearly one year. My situation is a bit unusual. In my previous marriage my ex wife's mom had on several occassions disciplined me by administering several pretty severe spankings. The first time I was really shocked and confused ny this . After the first punishment I felt some kind of strange to me sensations of calm. It is clear that my ex mother in law got some sense of power and pleasure from instilling fear and exercising control of me. My wife found this interaction ridiculous and offensive. She would not engage me in a discussion about what those punishments meant to me.

    I was ashamed but felt the punishment just.

    When my marriage ended the punishments from my mother in law continued. She found some to her plausible reasons to keep me in line. I went along telling myself I had I coming. Obviously we were both getting something.

    It was my ex mother in law who planted the seed of an FLR relationship with my new wife. My ex mil is now in her sixties and maybe the charge she gets from dominating me was lessening.

    She explained her relationsip with me to my wife and to my surprise she has fully embraced the role of my Dom. It is a relationship with a very unconventional beginning but it is working.

    ReplyDelete
  30. anon - "Unconventional" would seem an understatement. I'm having trouble picturing how that first spanking came about if your wife didn't approve. Then, since it resulted in a feeling of calm in you, why wasn't it a factor in your second marriage until your MIL got into the act? Shouldn't you have realized that an FLR was what you needed at that point and brought it up by yourself to your wife-to-be before you remarried?

    ReplyDelete
  31. fabulous, hot, and thoughtful post! i enjoyed this. readers who may be interested in the world’s biggest and best community for bdsm and femdom phone sex are also welcome here.

    ReplyDelete