Thursday, November 3, 2016

POKEMON HACKS

Is anyone else having this problem?  I opened my blog to find dozens of blog entries listed for something called "News Nesia at Sheisin Charge Pokémon Go - Allcheat Games".   They seem to be some sort of Pokémon hacker blogs, and I have no idea where they came from or why they are appearing on my home page.  What's more, and unlike all the blogs I do follow, they don't appear on my reading list, and therefore can't be erased by any method I'm aware of.  I have not opened any of these blog entries for fear that something even worse will happen.


Any suggestions?   This is making me very nervous.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Until you did, I wasn't sure that comments would get through. Hope it's an isolated thing!

      Delete
  2. I would contact the blog administrators. Surely they will have the ability to get rid of them. They should also be able to tell you the steps they've taken to stop the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. How do you contact the blog administrators?

      Delete
  3. I have not seen any of that, Lady Grey.

    You may wish to ramp up your account security though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, fur, but just what steps are you talking about? As you know, my computer technical knowledge is basic, at best.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I seem to be alone on this, which is a good thing, but it's driving me crazy. I haven't received notice of any blog entries from any blog that I follow since this Pokémon thing. There are over 40 successive entries from them, and nothing else since.

      Delete
  5. I had this happen to me a few months ago. I think what happened is: one of the blogs I had on my follow list had been abandoned by its original author, and deleted. Then, some miscreant started up a new blog using the same name and filled it with Pokemon $%&^. I needed to figure out which blog it was and delete it from my follow list. Problem solved. This picking up abandoned blog names and using them for spam seems to be somewhat common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph D - you are my hero! I did as you suggested and the damn Pokémon has disappeared!! First, I erased 11 blogs that were inactive, but nothing happened. Then I found 6 more that were also inactive, but kept around for sentimental reasons. Somewhere in that final 6, the culprit lurked, and when I checked my dashboard again, Pokémon was gone and all was well!! Thank you so much. I'm breathing a lot easier now:)

      Delete