I must admit that I'm in a bit of a quandary concerning my postings on my recent tropical vacation. According to Google's record keeping, there have been over 3,000 views of part 3, and over three times that much in total for the 3 parts of this post subject. That's a total of over 10,000 viewings of these 3 parts. Part 1 received comments from 4 different viewers, part 2 from 3 different viewers, and part 3 from 1 viewer. That's a total of 8 comments, 3 of which were from one viewer, out of over 10,000 views. That doesn't even register as a percentage point on my calculator.
So, what is one to conclude? On the one hand, I'm gratified that so many people have chosen to view my writings. On the other hand, I love comments and write these days mostly to get dialogues going with back and forth comments, and am completely in the dark as to how so many people can read these posts and so few actually bother to comment.
It's very hard for a non-professional writer to put together posts that feature dialogue. Just the punctuation with all of those quotation marks are challenge enough, and there's the whole problem of being true to the happenings while keeping the post flowing. It takes me well over twice the time to write something like the "Tropical Vacation" posts than it takes to write a post about some concept or other.
My friend fur sissy has suggested that a certain number of readers simply use these "personal story" posts as masturbatory fodder. Read, get off and go on to the next. A wanker's delight, as they say across the pond. Well, my original idea behind posting when it began about 6 years ago was to provide a source of support and education for femdom wannabees. That happened to a small but exciting extent, but it became clear soon enough that my readers were largely male, not female. Well, that was fine since the comments were interesting and relevant when they came from men as well as women. I've enjoyed this back and forth tremendously, respond to comments religiously, and all was well.
Something has changed. I don't know whether it's a result of Google's attempts at censorship, or if everybody is on vacation, or if I'm simply boring the hell out of most readers, but the comments have dried up, at least on my blog.
Well, enough of all that. It simply goes to explaining why I've lost any desire to go on with the Tropical Vacation remembrance. It simply feels like I'm writing in a vacuum, and that is no fun for me at all. I do apologize to those very, very few of you who took the time to comment, but enough is quite enough. I'd rather spend my time reading and commenting on and supporting other writers' blogs, always assuming that they will respond to my comments. If they don't, I take the hint and go elsewhere. So, until I once again find a "concept" to write about, I bid you farewell. The vacation is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For what it's worth, I maintain a blog under an entirely different topic. Sometimes I research my theme thoroughly before posting. I try to find a variety on interesting topix for the readers and I strive to make every post intelligently done. Yet after all is said and done, i must consider myself lucky if I can get three comments--and these come from the same few readers! Interestingly enough, the number of views I have received number well into the five digit range.
ReplyDeleteIn my case, no one is running off to look at more porn before gratifying themselves because my blog is not about eroticism. Still so very few people respond that I wonder if it's worth it sometimes. Our blogging experiences are remarkably similar.
For what it's worth, I'll mention here that I have never commented here before. Often, I simply prefer to read. Thank you for listening!
Anon - Thanks for taking the time to comment. Somewhat ironic that it comes on the heels of my complaints about the lack of commenters, but evidently this subject resonates with you. Years ago, I was taken to task by a fellow bloggger for caring at all about comments to what I wrote. He believed in blogging for its own sake, regardless of whether or not anyone was reading. We agreed to disagree, and I strongly disagree. I wonder how many bloggers have just moved on because no one bothered to comment. My guess is that the number is significant. At any rate, I hope your responses increase. How about letting us know where your blog can be read. You might just find that putting it out on my blog gets things rolling a bit.
ReplyDeleteThank you for responding to my above comment, Lady Grey. I really appreciate your offer to let me mention my blog here. The thing is however, that my blog tells quite a bit about my identity as both a published writer and a person living in a certain locale. For that reason, I feel it's best for me to remain anonymous here. Still, I very much appreciate your offer and wish you well with your endeavors.
DeleteP.S. Perhaps, I'll think to comment here from time to time since I now understand that we both get discouraged from a lack of comments.
Lady Grey,
DeleteI responded to your comment several days ago, but since it hasn't shown up here, I'm guessing that it never went through. Anyway, I would likevto thank you for your kind offer of allowing me to point your readers to my blog. The thing is however, that my blog discusses a lot about my identity, where I live, etc. For that reason, I feel that I best remain anonymous. Still I appreciate your offer to help.
Just found this under my Spam heading. Can't imagine why it was there, but I suppose I'd better check the spam box every day. I do understand the anonymity thing. If you could give yourself an identifying name or symbol I'll know that it's you that I'm hearing from. Take care.
DeleteI think you're on to something, Lady Grey! When I comment I'll end with the initials, G.M. Will that work for you?
DeleteAbsolutely, G.M.
DeleteI guess a lot of us just aren't writers of any discription. Take solace in the reader numbers. People are reading this blog! Lots of them!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for writing.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Lady Grey.
ReplyDeleteAs disappointed as I am to not see where the vacation went, I can completely understand your sentiments.
I tend to share your view of blogging... I believe much of the desire to write is the back and forth shared between comments and the connections and bonds you form over time with the people you are interacting with. The people who leave comments for me constantly inspire me to explore more of myself and evaluate my thoughts and beliefs. It is very special to me.
I always love to receive comments from you, Lady Grey. Your comments are insightful and occasionally they bite hard enough to kick my butt into gear or remind me when my ego has overstepped its bounds. I am a bit jealous of your post views, the majority of my writing is lucky to reach 100 views.
I will say that your writing has an impact. In the two weeks following your post about my blog my page views quadrupled and for six weeks the amount of traffic sourced from your blog outnumbered all other traffic sources combined (including google). I am extremely grateful for that and I still get bashful and fuzzy inside thinking about it.
Something odd seems to be going on with the F/m blogging in general. M/f blogs still get lots of comments and traffic seems to keep up better on F/m blogs that associate with the term FLR and/or domestic discipline, but there has been a significant drop-off for other types.
In case anyone wants to get mad at me for:
"My friend fur sissy has suggested that a certain number of readers simply use these "personal story" posts as masturbatory fodder."
I willingly (albeit a bit embarrassingly) admit that a good number of the posts on this blog have aroused me, so my thoughts come more from personal experience than finger pointing. I do end up fighting myself to maintain a clear enough head so that I can make some comments. If I'm not able to contribute in a constructive way, I at least try to post to show appreciation.
I sort of want to hide my face right now.
I do look forward to the next time you choose to write, Lady Grey. I can say that I enjoy your blog more for the intellectual stimulation and gold-mine of D/s dynamics that you share with us. You truly are a treasure.
Take care.
Lady Grey,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to read of your frustrations and plead guilty for not expressing my appreciation enough. For the many years you have been writing, you've captivated me with the stories of your experiences with Karl. In particular I have always enjoyed and appreciated letting us, your readers, in on not just what happened, but what you, and occasionally Karl, were thinking. Even during your extended absence a few years back, I found myself clicking over to your blog hoping you'd return.
So, please accept my apology for too often taking from you and giving little back in return.
I hope that your discouragement is temporary and that your adventures with Karl continue to be shared with all of us.
-e (FootSlaveE)
I want to say that I REALLY enjoy your blog!! To me, it is NOT "wanker fodder," but very entertaining and informative!
ReplyDeleteI am ALSO one of your "regular" readers who do NOT comment since what I might say would become redundant: "Great writing, I love your blog, etc."
Please don't become discouraged; there are plenty of us who ENJOY your blog simply for whatever you may post!!
Bob
It is a dilemma. I sometimes write professionally, and sometime I publish stuff that's not written. I've never found a correlation between content and number of responses that made any sense from my point of view. Sometimes the least "interesting" or "attractive" stuff gets unprecedented level of attention, and even more often the genuinely intriguing material is left totally unnoticed.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, comments (or lack of them) were only "objective" parameters which gave me insight about impact of my work. Numbers of clicks, views and such were not available to me. I remember often asking editors which employed me were they satisfied. Their answer was always positive, no matter the number of comments. So, it is definitely not strictly correlated.
Later I discovered there were some keywords for every kind of audience you are trying to reach. Those keywords are usually those powering debates, and those have NOTHING to do with good writing. Unfortunately. It's a long and hard topic about aesthetics and very nature of any polemical and/or artistic work. One I am getting around understanding and accepting after years and years of studying. And I still have lot to learn :)
That being said, my wife and myself both think your writing is exceptional, especially in this kind of media. Very thought provoking, very inspirational and full of atmosphere. Your visual scenes are rich and beautiful but they always engage our imagination, further involving us as readers, not merely providing pure graphics. And those are all merits of good writing. So, I can only say: please keep up with a great job :)
Both of us live very adventurous lives and have some - how to say - recognizable features. We would love to exchange some of our experiences with you, but my wife especially is concerned about indiscretion, mostly because of her clients (a very VERY sensitive area). If you are interested in some private correspondence I would gladly provide you with our private email address.
No we did not see "Billions" but we'll take your recommendation and give it a try.
Hope to comment more often in the future and encourage a great author in her long and wonderful narrative,
yours truly
P.S.
I read your blog everytime something is posted. I know I should probably reply more often but I don't want to put something out there that sounds stupid or out of line. Maybe you should do like Kathy at femdom 101 and ask questions about certain things after your postings. Maybe put your email out there like she does and people would feel more comfortable sending you messages privately. I don't know why you feel that people don't care because we do. I have followed you since you started blogging and I always check to see if there are any new posts. I am sorry you feel that way. You have much to contribute and I will definitely miss your posts. Your husband is a very lucky man. God Bless you for the information and the knowledge you have provided. Take care. Steve
ReplyDeleteslavehollywood
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel as I made a comment that you didn't even publish or respond to. I have only made one other comment since then regarding chastity devices and penis size.
Your blog is one of the few of a healthy, successful relationship, never mind whether it is kinky. I will be sorry if I don't get to read more of it.
" I want to say that I REALLY enjoy your blog!! To me, it is NOT "wanker fodder," but very entertaining and informative!"
A suggestion, have your slave write your posts. Severe punishment if he doesn't do a good job. If he's not a writer, make him take creative writing classes. Make him read more, especially of noted authors, and make him write book reports. This will make him familiar with good writing, and is one more service to you that he needs to provide, like a good slave. Make it 'uncomfortable' for him when he writes - something to 'prod' him to work quickly, and still write with quality, sitting on a vibrating dildo up his butt, nipple clamps on, send him to the nail salon for very long semi-permeant nails (painted a bright sissy pink, naturally, for real humiliation) which will make it a challenge for him to write longhand or type. He has to do this all under stress and do it well, or real punishment will ensue. Have your readers rate his efforts - use a grading system like in school - A, B, C, D, and F.
ReplyDeleteHe only gets rewards for recieving all A's from all commenting readers (unlikely to happen, even if we like it, because we also want to read about him squirming), anything less earns demerits and appropriate punishment. B earns him having to wear Breast forms and a Bra for a day, or a weekend, and go out in public, perhaps fully dressed as a Female, nipple clamps on under the forms and his Bra, C earns Corner Time, lots of Corner time, in uncomfortable positions, while wearing high heels, a spanked butt and panties down around his ankles. D earns a Dozen hard swats with a Dozen Different implements, ONE DOZEN for each implement (12X12=144 swats) - paddle, twase, whip, cane, wooden spoon, flogger, leather strap, belt, slipper, hair brush, ruler, a roll of papers - his poor work printed out and rolled up - and also a Dozen Days with a with good size vibrating Dildo up his well thrashed Derriere. The request for ratings alone will encourage us readers to leave comments.
I read your blog whenever you post anything, yet this is the first time I am leaving a comment, and it's all because you mentioned that not enough people leave comments.
sissy maid mimi
Wow, such a firm taskmaster..
DeleteYour blog, Ma'am, is without doubt the best in its field, and while I can sympathise with your frustration over the paucity of comments, I believe that to be in great part because your considerable readership hold you in something approaching awe.
ReplyDeleteI have made supportive posts in response to your blog in times gone by, but the skill with which you write and your understanding of the D/s dynamic is so deep as to render anything but praise along the lines of, 'That was wonderful, Lady Grey' superfluous.
It would be a body blow for us all if you were to stop writing, and would represent a real loss of a marvellous and superbly articulate writer who understands every nuance of what she writes about.
Please give us another chance, Ma'am; if it is more feedback you would like to receive, I am sure, after this ticking-off, that that is exactly what you have.
Forgive me for taking you so much for granted.
With good wishes and heartfelt respect,
Anonymous X
Can you please keep writing and we will comment, I understand why you feel upset and you have the right to feel this way, but don't just stop all of a sudden, I think your readers will be more active after this warning
ReplyDeleteLady Grey,
ReplyDeleteI am guilty of being a long time reader who has failed to comment. Perhaps it is too little, too late, but rest assured your blog is one of the few treasures and far more than "wank fodder". While I imagine the topic of your blog is certainly exciting and arousing to many of your readers (including myself), it contains a deeply personal element and expresses your thoughts, feelings and the progression of your relationship with Karl in a way that few - if any - others can. Your blog has been an inspiration for my wife and I as we've embarked on a fledgling D/s relationship. I hope that you continue to write and share your adventures with Karl. Please accept my apology and know that your post has made me realize that it's time to get off of the sidelines and start participating. If you choose to continue posting, expect that I will be commenting far more frequently.
- DG
ReplyDeleteanon - You're welcome, and you don't have to have great writing skills to comment. I'd be happy to have your feedback, and I don't care if it's grammatically challenged:)
fur - I didn't mean to get people mad at you by mentioning the masturbate thing. After all, you expressed it so well! I'm so happy that my blog served as a conduit for people giving your blog a try. Obviously, people are happy with what they found and you're finally getting the recognition you deserve. Plus, you are my most faithful correspondent, and I always appreciate your comments and insights. Maybe one day we'll figure out this whole comment thing. Wouldn't surprise me at all if you come up with one of your "formulas" to explain the whole mystery:)
FootSlave E - You've commented quite a few times, and I don't expect everyone to comment on every posting. I'm glad you've enjoyed my writing over the years, and it wouldn't bother me at all to hear from you more often. I do plan to keep writing, but I'm up in the air as to whether I'll do any more posts of the type represented by the Summer Vacation series. Time will tell.
Bobcat - Well, I'm not sure how to respond. Don't worry about being redundant. It's always nice to know that someone is pleased with what you're writing, and I promise I won't be bored if you mention your pleasure. Even a short bit of support is always welcome.
P.S. - Thank you for the input concerning the commenting dilemma, as well as the kind words about my writing. I can certainly understand your concerns about "indiscretion", as my husband is in a similar "I am recognizable" position as your wife, and we greatly value our privacy. I appreciate your offer of private correspondence, but I've been burned in that area twice before and have been reluctant to give out my email ever since. I'd love to read some of your writing, and welcome any input that comes from you and/or your wife.
Thank you, Lady Grey.
DeleteI do not mind if people get mad at me for citing that :)
I figured that those who disagreed with it would speak up and it appears they have.
My hiding my face comment was more in response to feeling embarrassed that I have gone back for a "second read" after posting comments... to take care of the plumbing.
It appears that people are starting to come out in force though. Hopefully that should keep the stream of comments flowing. Your blog definitely deserves them.
Take care.
Steve - Happy to hear that you've been reading me for all of these years. I'd love to hear more from you, especially as someone who has been there since the beginning. As for emails, I just don't trust them after a few bad experiences. I do plan to continue writing, but with less first person accounts, so to speak. They're just too time consuming and the lack of responses to my latest "Vacation" pieces has been sort of the straw that broke the camel's back.
ReplyDeleteslavehollywood - I can't imagine why I wouldn't have published a comment from you, and I apologize for whatever error occurred to make that happen. It certainly wasn't intentional, as you've commented often and I enjoy what you say. We're all at the mercy of Google Blogger and rely on them to post comments. Maybe something happened on their end and it never reached me. I suppose we'll never know, but don't let it stop you from commenting in the future, please.
mimi maid - Wow! You've given this a lot of thought. Maybe I'll show your suggestions to Karl. But no, he might have a stroke after seeing what you want to put him through. At any rate, with all of your diabolical cruelty, please continue commenting. It would be fun to keep hearing your ideas. As to Karl doing my writing, well that would be a disaster. You have read his poems, havent't you:)
Anon X - My face is red after such kudos! Thank you so much for your kind words, though I'm sure I don't deserve such generous praise. I will keep writing, but as to whether it will be the sort represented in the Vacation series, well, I'm not sure. I suppose it's my ego talking, but even a small positive comment is always appreciated. "Body blow", huh! I do like that one, X.
Anon - I will keep writing, I promise. This wasn't meant as a warning, but if it garners more correspondence I won't complain. Thank you for stopping by.
DG - Very happy to hear that I've been an inspiration to your wife and you. No need to apologize. Just keep your promise and become a more frequent commenter. I'm sure that you have much to share, and I look forward to hearing from you and many others, as this posting has certainly generated a very positive response!
A quick word to all who have commented:
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your kind words and positive thoughts. It has been very, very gratifying, and I hope it continues. I am sorry that I haven't figured out how to set my blog up so that each comment can receive a reply right under the actual comment itself, rather than the way I currently respond to comments. I'd much rather this had a format that others use as it's a lot less confusing. Fur sissy's blog (Sentiments For An Enslaved Sissy) is a case in point, so if you're reading this fur...help!
Lady Grey, there are two ways to do it.
Delete#1 Go to the Dashboard. Settings. Posts, comments and sharing. Comment Location. Set this to "Embedded." Full Page does not give the direct reply option.
#2 View your site in its mobile version: http://womanincontrol.blogspot.com/?m=1
This will give you direct replies to the comments in the same way.
Fur - I'll give it a try, thank you. With my level of technical knowledge, I'll probably wind up erasing everything if I try to change formats. As for taking care of the plumbing, well how nice! Anything I can do to help you get through the day, fur:)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lady Grey :)
DeleteThat second method may be the easiest if you are worried about changing settings. The mobile format is standardized to allow embedded replies. You could probably bookmark the mobile listing if you get tired of typing ?m=1
fur - I tried the first method and changed it to embedded, but when I go to leave the page where I changed it, I get a message saying that I have unsaved changes and will lose them if I go to another page. That's what happened, as it reverted back to full page. How do I SAVE the change to embedded?
ReplyDeleteLady Grey, there should be an orange button in the upper right marked "Save Settings."
DeleteThat did it fur! The orange box on my screen was completely blank, but when I clicked on it, it worked. Thank you so much!
DeleteJust wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog and have never commented before...thank you for sharing
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoy it and thanks for letting me know.
DeleteLady Grey, I don't think you realize how few good blogs written by women are out there. Yours and femdom101 are about the only ones that make sense and feel they are written about real life situations. I check everyday to see if anything new has been posted. I was concerned about your getting ancey about finding another slave to train. I was worried that Karl wouldn't take that to well, as I know how I would feel if my wife was to look for someone other than me to want to spend time with. I am proud of you for your decision as I am sure Karl was also. Don't have bad feelings toward the people like me and others that were just content to dote on your words and be in envy of your and Karls lifestyle. We are just everyday people trying to get along in this world and a lot of times we don't realize how other people think or feel. I am jealous of Karl's lifestyle and wish ours could be more like yours. I am a retired firefighter and my wife is a teacher and we are both just normal people. I apologize again for staying quiet for all these years but again our privacy is important and we both know that whatever goes out on the internet is out there forever. If you don't believe me ask Hillary Clinton.(just kidding) Take care and keep posting or maybe start working on a book. That would be wonderful. Take Care and God Bless, Steve(Same one that posted earlier) (Firefighter Steve)
ReplyDeleteThere used to be so many more Femdom blogs written by women just a few years ago. I can think of four, at least, that have disappeared for one reason or another. Hopefully, that will change - these things seem to arrive in stages - but I suppose it depends on whether or not more women become involved in the lifestyle. I empathize with your mistrust of the internet, but I do hope that you comment more along the way, and thank you so much for your years of service as a firefighter!
DeleteGlad you enjoyed my comments, Lady Grey. i wish i had a Domme who would do them to me. i still think You should make Your slave write anyway, even if he is bad at it, actually, especially if he is bad at it - because You can MAKE him improve, or else.
ReplyDeleteYou are relentless, mimi! I'll give a thought to having Karl write more, but as to writing the whole blog, that's out of the question.
DeleteOhh. too bad. For you and us. Take care of you. Recharge. Come back to it when YOU are ready. Thank you..........
ReplyDeleteYes, I'll be posting again. Just not certain when. Take care.
Deletehey hey, I read your blog. But don't comment. Guess Im too shy :P
ReplyDeleteWhy? What's there to be shy about when you're an anonymous commenter? Who will know?
DeleteI do not wish to speak for Anon, Lady Grey, but I do think there are times when people aren't as shy about having others read the comments, but feel shy that certain posts affect them internally.
DeleteI believe it took me about 6-7 years to come to terms with that, so I am guessing there are others that feel that way.
Thank you, fur. I'm sure that you're right, but I was genuinely puzzled about how shyness could affect the ability to comment. I appreciate your point of view. I hadn't thought of that.
DeleteI haven't really thought too much about the shyness aspect, maybe comes from the significant contrast of wanting (?not even sure of that) female domination and the role/job I have. But I do acknowledge there is a fair bit freedom posting anon, and so they shouldn't really prohibits commenting...
DeleteI just found this comment under my Spam banner. Don't know why it was there, but I didn't mean to ignore you. Sorry about the delay in posting.
DeleteHi Lady Grey!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and I'm glad you posted this. I do comment on different blogs when I feel like I have something insightful to add to the post. One thing about your blog that I think has kept me from posting at times is the following. I think your a great writer. When I read your posts, whether it's conceptual or recounting a personal experience, I'm totally drawn in. Feel like I get to know you. But there is often such a long stretch in between your posts that I stop checking everyday for updates and that turns to once a week and then once a month. Then by the time I read the post, it's usually been there for awhile and it doesn't seem like I'd be part of a current dialogue. I think it's also a little bit like having a close relationship with someone (maybe because of how intimate the topics are?) and then you don't hear from them in a while. I'm in no way asking you to post more or less or do anything that you wouldn't normaly be doing. I very much look forward to reading your posts and appreciate when you've taken the time and effort - it's obvious that a lot goes into them. I'm just stating why I've haven't posted as much as I normally would have (and I've actually thought about this before you mentioned it.)
Michael, you make some excellent points! I'm not sure that there's much I can do about writing more frequently. For me, the very qualities that you find attractive - intimacy and drawing you in - are important, but very time consuming. I try to make my writing flow and the intimacy usually requires dialogue, which is especially tricky. Lacking a tape recorder at the moment that things occur, yet trying to remember the actual words, can drive me crazy at times! I wish I had the ability to post more often at a decent level of quality, but I write at a pace that I can deal with, and if I were to hurry thins along too much I fear that the quality would deteriorate.
DeleteHowever, you make a lot of sense, and I understand how my pace can be a problem for readers. You've given me lots to think about, and I thank you for commenting - and I appreciate the praise as well:)
Please come back again.
I completely understand the challenges and effort it takes to produce writing of this quality and appreciate it more than you cam imagine. In a way, because of what you put in to this, you've become some what of a friend who I enjoy hearing from. Yes, it's erotic but it's also so personable that i feel like I've come to know you and Karl. In a funny way it's like you're part of my life. I can't imagine what it's like to accurately describe events that have taken place that involve so much passion. You're pretty amazing in that respect. And I'm not going anywhere. I'll definitely be looking forward to your next update, no matter how long it takes :)
DeleteThank you again, Michael. You're making me blush! I truly hope that you find someone you can get those feelings from in person.
DeleteYour Welcome! I'm making you blush? You just made my day. I was a little worried after my last post that it was a bit too.... maybe personal is the word? I wrote it on an iPhone after having some wine and tried to preview it but was unable to view half of the text. Didn't mean to come off as being that attached - just wanted to convey that reading your updates is like hearing from a friend that I haven't seen in a while. I do have someone and while we don't exactly explore your brand of explorations, we have our own version that keeps things vibrant. That said, I'd be lying if I didn't admit to at least some vicarious enjoyment ��
DeleteA little wine, a special friend, some "exploration", and a touch of vicarious enjoyment? Sounds as though you're doing just fine. Keep up the good work, Michael.
DeleteLovely interchange between Michael and The Lady. Yes, vivid writing, shared intimacies, support, erotic content, and our hot imaginations all add up to amazing blog! Yours:)) Thank you. Very Curious in Boston..
DeleteThank you, and how nice to hear from a female. Michael has been a treat with some interesting ideas and a nice way of putting them. Feel free to join in any time.
DeleteYou do us all a great and hot service with your blog :)))
DeleteLady Grey -- Please know that I am a huge fan of your blog. Your take on FemDom marriages and relationships seem so spot on to me. I value all your posting snd hope that you do not get discouraged from the lack of responses to your postings. I know for myself, I do a lot of traveling during the summer months, have simply do not have much time to respond to your excellent essays. I look forward to all your blog postings. They offer great insight into how to make female relationships work for both the woman and the man.
ReplyDeleteAll best wishes and eagerly looking forward to your next posting.
vic
Thank you, Vic. Now that summer vacation time is coming to an end, perhaps more people will become re-involved in the FLR scene, especially from a commenting point of view. Thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you here again.
ReplyDeleteLady Grey - thank you for your response. I definitely will plan on being a frequent respondent to your future postings. I love how you take the time to respond yourself to those who comment.
ReplyDeleteMy wife and I have been developing our FLR over the past two years. We have had our ups and downs, but mostly our growth as her dominance and my submission has been a wonderful journey.
I was wondering if you might consider posting on how yours and Karl's FLR came to be. How long have you been at it? Were they any catalysts that helped spur your FLR? Any difficulties along the way? Forgive me if you have already addressed this. All the various blogs on powerful women and their submissive men have helped to educate my wife and myself on how we can grow our FLR. thank you.
vic
vic,
DeleteUnfortunately Lady Grey deleted the first 47 blog posts a couple of years ago.
If you load this blog in the Blogger dashboard you can catch the titles and snippets of the older posts, but that is all. Unfortunately, this blog is set not to allow search engine bot crawlers so you cannot find the entries through Google cache or the Way Back Machine, etc. I have tried in several ways.
It might be possible that some reader out there did a copy/paste of the original text at some point. That is the sort of thing that I normally would have done but alas, I did not. The internet is supposed to be there forever, right?
The original recounting of how things go going was from the posts titled:
BEGINNINGS
BEGINNINGS, PART 2
'YES, I'M READY"
BASIC TRAINING
A FEW WORDS FROM KARL
IT'S ALL IN HOW YOU LOOK AT IT
SENSUALITY, MY WAY
THE END OF THE BEGINNING
THE MORNING AFTER
THE WEEKEND ENDS
THE GREEN EYED MONSTER
TIME OUT
CHANGES, CHANGES AND MORE CHANGES
I'm very pleased to hear that you'll be a frequent respondent and also that you and your wife are sticking to it despite some rough times. Years ago, I went into a lot of detail about the beginnings of my relationship with Karl, but I did delete the first half of my blog several years back. Perhaps if I get a chance - and the inclination - I'll do a reprise of at least some of that, as many of the current readers evidently came on board too late to have read what happened. Again, thank you for responding.
DeleteLady Grey. Thank you. I do hope you will choose to repost some of your earlier blogs.
DeleteRespectfully
vic
I apologize. I didn't know how much the dialogue meant to you. I promise to comment note in the future.
ReplyDeleteIt's due to this story that I checked the blog today. You've recently become my favorite blog. I share your posts with my wife. I'm always thankful.
Perhaps you would reconsider if I offered you something? What if i volunteered to wear my device for you for a week? Or offer to give my wife a massage on your behalf? Or maybe let you decide a punishment for my lack of comments (my wife can carry out the punishment). You decide. I'd love you too finish the story.
Thanks for your consideration.
Herofriend69@gmail.com
Yes, it does mean a lot to me , and I appreciate that you've commented - and that your wife is reading as well. As to a task or a punishment coming from me, well at this time I'm not going to get involved in an internet FLR, as tempting as that always is, but I am considering changing my mind about continuing the vacation story because of the enormous response I've received. We'll see:)
DeleteThanks. Can't wait.
DeleteLady Grey love your work please continue! UK anonymous.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I will be writing again. Soon, I hope.
DeleteLady grey, I must apologise for not commenting more . Only twice in the last four years. I have followed your blog from the dark side , as a lurker for much longer back to the days of a blogger I'm sure you will remember tho the actual title now eludes me! ' on some kind of dominance ' is all I remember but his blog was incredible and you and he had a fabulous dialogue going along with mistress Marie and many more interesting blogs that can no longer be found! Ma'am it would be a complete
ReplyDeleteTragedy if your blog disappeared ! Your adventures with your partner and slave submissive Karl are an inspiration to us all!!please please keep up your fantastic blog! Anon UK blog follower ps. Just had to say more on this subject!
I believe you're referring to "On Female Dominance of the Male" by a blogger known as Saratoga. Yes, we did have quite a back and forth going for some time.
DeleteAt any rate, I'm glad to have you commenting now. Thank you for the kind words.
A quick note to Odie: I just found your comment on my previous blog entry, and have answered it. Please go back and read it there.
ReplyDeleteLady Gray,
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I just started following your blog. I love what I have read. They offer great insight into how to make relationships work in a FLR relationship. Hope you continue to write.
Thank you for following. I really don't do much concerning sissies, per se, but I know that many of the things that Karl and I do can resonate with any sort of D/s relationship. I checked your blog out, and it looks like you're having a grand time. My best to you!
ReplyDelete